SERVES: 8 (4 oz. each) Prep Time: 10 min. + 8 hours refrigeration (approx. overnight) Cooking Time: 30 min.
1 Tbsp + 1 Pinch sea salt
1 Tbsp ground black pepper
2 cloves garlic
2 Tbsp fresh rosemary sprigs, leaves removed – stems discarded
2 tsp fresh thyme sprigs, leaves removed – stems discarded
2 Tbsp fresh parsley
2 lbs. raw, leab, center-cut beef tenderloin
1 Tbsp ghee(organic grass-fed, if possible)
1/4 cup creme fraiche
2 tsp prepared horseradish
1. Place 1 Tbsp. salt, pepper, garlic, rosemary, thyme, and parsley in food processor (or blender). Pulse until finely chopped.
2. Coat outside of tenderloin evenly with garlic mixture. Place in a casserole dish and refrigerate, uncovered, minimum 8 hours (approximately overnight).
3. After minimum 8 hours (or the next day), remove tenderloin from refrigerator 2 hours before cooking to allow tenderloin to come up to room temperature.
4. Preheat oven to 400 F.
5. Heat large, ovenproof skillet over high heat. Your skillet must be smoking hot in order to get a true and deep sear on your tenderloin.
6. Carefully pat tenderloin dry with paper towels. Rub outside with ghee; cook in preheated skillet, 1 to 2 minutes on each side, or until brown on all sides.
7. Place skillet in preheated oven. Bake, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted at its thickest point reads 125 F for medium rare. Remove tenderloin from oven. Transfer to carving board. Allow to rest for 10 minutes.
8. While tenderloin is baking, make Horseradish Cream Sauce. Combine crème fraiche, horseradish, and remaining pinch of salt in a small bowl; mix well. Refrigerate, covered, until ready to use.
9. Slice tenderloin into 8 portions. Serve each with 1 1⁄2 tsp. Horseradish Cream Sauce.
Roasted meats should always be rested before slicing for two reasons. First, it allows the hot outer portions to transfer their heat to the center, which completes the cooking process. Our 125 F tenderloin will rest up to about 140 F, for a perfect medium rare. Second, by allowing the temperature to stabilize before slicing, we keep the juices in the meat rather than on the cutting board.
• For rare meat, subtract 3 to 5 minutes from the total baking time.
• For medium, add 3 to 5 minutes to the total baking time.
• Make sure your prepared horseradish is pure horseradish, and not in a cream-based or mayonnaise sauce.
• If you do not have fresh herbs, you can use 2 tsp. of dried herbs, each.
21 Day Fix Containers: 1 ❤️ 1/2 💙