Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Zucchini Noodles
3 tsp. olive oil, divided use
2 roasted red bell peppers, chopped
¼ cup soft goat cheese (about 1 oz.)
½ cup onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
2 medium zucchini
½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
Chopped parsley (for garnish; optional)
Tip: You can roast your own red bell peppers by burning the skin off on your stovetop, or you can use roasted red peppers in a jar.
- Combine 1 tsp. oil, roasted peppers, and cheese; mix well. Set aside.
- Heat remaining 2 tsp.oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
- Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Set aside.
- Using a vegetable peeler, cut each zucchini into lengthwise strips about ⅛-inch thick. Turn zucchini slightly after cutting each strip to work evenly around the outside, stopping when you hit the seeds at the core. Discard cores. Cut slices lengthwise into ½-inch ribbons.
- Add zucchini to onion mixture; cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until zucchini softens, but before it releases liquid.
- Add salt and roasted pepper mixture; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through.
- Divide evenly between two serving plates. Garnish with parsley (if desired); serve immediately.
21 Day Fix containers: 2 💚 1/2 💙 1/2 tsp